Saturday, January 15, 2011

Catch Up!! Day 5-15!!

Here are my photos, have been in Fiji so wasn't able to update blog.......


5th January. Driving to Sydney, via a Daisy drop off in Goulburn.


6th January. Purple Orchid. First of many cocktails enjoyed during 'Happy Hour' over 8 days in Fiji.


7th January. The Fijian people were extremely friendly. We went for a walk around the five resorts on Denarau Island on our first day and were greeted with 'Bula' and big smiles wherever we went.



8th January. I know I am only meant to be adding one but I have accidently put two up and don't know how to delete one without wiping the others!! The first one is showing firewalking. We went to a very touristy cultural dinner but it was good. We ate from the 'Lovo', drank Kava and watched dancing etc. The second photo is a view from our resort. We had a lot of rain but it didn't ruin our holiday.


9th January. A day of relaxing and reading by the pool.


10th January. Frangipani's are everywhere in Fiji, their scent always seems to be in the air.



11th January. A day trip to an uninhabited island. We ate, relaxed and snorkelled.....


12th January. Very hard to pick only one photo for the 12th! We employed a friendly Fijian named Max to drive us around the island. We visited a village, enjoyed the unique experience of a mud bath, visited a beautiful garden and stopped for a late lunch at the InterConinental on the Coral Coast. This picture was taken at a road side stall. I have some shots of the delicious pineapples too but for some reason I like this shot.


13th January. My entree!!! Our final dinner in Fiji and it was delicious.


14th January. Departure day. Lots of waiting around for taxis, trains and planes.



15th January. Home. Daisy and my out of control lawn were happy to see me.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had such a good time....PS the photos aren't bad either! Lisa B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. Was wondering who lkv was! Hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic Jude, well done. I am so happy to see you had such a relaxing, beautiful time. Well deserved. I smell an exhibition coming on! SB

    ReplyDelete